We are an international offshore energy services company that provides specialty services to the offshore energy industry, with a focus on well intervention and robotics operations. We provide services and methodologies that we believe are critical to maximizing production economics. Our services cover the lifecycle of an offshore oil or gas field. Our services also include subsea cable burial and seabed clearing services for the offshore renewable energy sector. We provide services primarily in deepwater in the Gulf of Mexico, Brazil, North Sea, Asia Pacific and West Africa regions. Our services are segregated into three reportable business segments: Well Intervention, Robotics and Production Facilities.
Our Well Intervention segment includes our vessels and/or equipment used to perform well intervention services primarily in the Gulf of Mexico, Brazil, the North Sea and West Africa. Our well intervention vessels include the Q4000, the Q5000, the Q7000, the Seawell, the Well Enhancer, and two chartered monohull vessels, the Siem Helix 1 and the Siem Helix 2. Our well intervention equipment includes intervention riser systems (“IRSs”) and subsea intervention lubricators (“SILs”), some of which we provide on a stand-alone basis.
Our Robotics segment includes remotely operated vehicles (“ROVs”), trenchers and a ROVDrill, which are designed to complement well intervention services and offshore construction to both the oil and gas and the renewable energy markets. Our Robotics segment also includes two robotics support vessels under long-term charter, the Grand Canyon II and the Grand Canyon III, as well as spot vessels as needed, including the Ross Candies, which is under a flexible charter agreement through August 2020.
Our Production Facilities segment includes the Helix Producer I (the “HP I”), a ship-shaped dynamically positioned floating production vessel, the Helix Fast Response System (the “HFRS”), our ownership interest in Independence Hub, LLC (“Independence Hub”), and our ownership of oil and gas properties. All of our current production facilities activities are located in the Gulf of Mexico.
On May 29, 2019, we acquired a 70% controlling interest in Subsea Technologies Group Limited (“STL”), a subsea engineering firm based in Aberdeen, Scotland, for $5.1 million. The holders of the remaining 30% noncontrolling interest have the right to put their shares to us in June 2024. These redeemable noncontrolling interests were recognized as temporary equity at their estimated fair value of $3.4 million at the acquisition date. In March 2020, we recorded an impairment loss to write off the goodwill associated with the STL acquisition. STL is included in our Well Intervention segment and its revenue and earnings are immaterial to our consolidated results.